Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Essie Fall Haul: Chinchilly, Mochacino, Merino Cool, & Angora Cardi

So, I went a little nail polish crazy at Target yesterday.  While my Target was all sold out of the new Fall line Essie just put out, I found some great colors for Fall that are part of their permanent collection that I've had my eye on for a while.

 Top to bottom: Chinchilly, Mochacino, Merino Cool, & Angora Cardi

A Closer Look

Chinchilly
 

as gray as gray gets.  The photos don't differentiate it well enough from Merino Cool, but the difference is that Chinchilly is slate-gray, whereas Merino Cool has a purple undertone.  The Essie site describes it as a sleek granite gray.  Sleek granite, huh? Trust me, it's that classic gray you need in your Fall nail polish collection.



Mochacino 

a taupe color with silver shimmer.  Essie's site describes it as "a perky gray with shimmer."  I am still apprehensive about how this color will look on, but it sure does look pretty in the bottle.






 Merino Cool

You can never have too many versions of gray, I suppose.  This is another gray, except this one is more of a smoked dark purple to me. What separates it from Chinchilly is that it is a darker charcoal gray with a purple undertone. 





Angora Cardi 

This one is my favorite of the bunch (spoiler alert: guess which one I'll paint my nails first).  It is a gorgeous color.  I would describe it as a burgundy-maroon color.  The Essie site, however, describes it as a creamy dusty rose.  I was curious about what Angora was and how it could be a type of cardi, so I Googled it.  It's a type of wool (along with many other definitions, but I assumed the wool went best with "cardi").  I'm very curious as to who gets paid to come up with these names and descriptions! What a job!

Of course, the O.P.I. names are a lot more ambiguous.  I'm convinced there's a jar of puns they just pull out of when they come up with a new color.  There's a color called "Uh-oh Roll Down the Window." I hardly find names that actually reflect the corresponding color.  Like that matters...

Anyway, I have only swatched the colors on individual nails, but stay tuned to see what they look like on!


-Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment