Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Just another Mani-c Monday: Essie's Ladylike




I know I said the next color I was going to paint my nails was Berlin There Done That by O.P.I., but I can't find it anywhere right now!  Then, I remembered how much I loved Essie's Lady Like, so I saved myself a few bucks and used a Fall color I already owned.  I bought this color back in January, and I am in love with it!  It's the perfect shade if you're looking to do a classy nude nail for Fall, but don't wanna go in the khaki direction; this color is far from khaki with it's pretty pink undertone.  Essie's site describes it as an elegant soft mauve, but I have a feeling that Essie just likes the word "mauve" because it seems to be in the description of most of their colors that, to me, do not even remotely resemble mauve.  Mauve is more purple than pink, and this color is definitely a muted or grayed pink shade.

I did just learn in my physio psych class that we all have different versions of colors.  If you were spoiled as a kid, and your parents bought you the biggest box of crayons, you have a much wider array of colors your eyes can distinguish.  If your parents didn't love you as much, and you got the box of eight colors, you just can't see as many colors... (joke).

Aside from all the color confusion,  I think Lady-like is the perfect name for this color because lady-like indeed it is.

Also, I just bought this cuticle remover by Sally Hansen.  Having horrible cuticles, I can't believe I'm just now deciding to tend to them. This stuff is pretty cool.  I think the thing I love most about it is the smell.  Smells like cucumbers.  It's extremely moisturizing and, for the most part, you can just massage your cuticles away!  It doesn't work miracles on the first use, but I can tell that with continuous use, I should have some good-lookin' cuticles.

Since I'm new to cuticle care, does anyone have a good cuticle remover/cuticle care they recommend?






No comments:

Post a Comment