Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October!



I didn't even realize that today was October 1st until I got a little reminder on my phone to pay the rent (yippee).  I am really bad at remembering which months have only 30 days, and usually the first of the following month always sneaks up on me.  Anyway, it was a pretty day today, until it rained.  I do enjoy the rain, but only if I'm at home, cuddled up in bed, watching movies.  I don't particularly enjoy the rain when I'm having to drive to-and-from and walk around campus (without an umbrella). I wore my new Merona scarf for the first time today, making it obvious that I was excited for the mere five degree-drop.

I love the month of October!  Texas is pretty Summer-dominated, so it does still feel like Summer in the beginning of October.  But, it's actually cooling down sooner this year, and I am so eager for the cooler weather. I should probably bite my tongue because it's likely to be in the mid 90's by the end of the week.

When I think of October, I think of the obvious... pumpkins.  I'm willing to bet I'm not the only one.  I get a little too excited when they put out the pumpkin display at the grocery store.  I WILL carve a pumpkin this year! We used to do it all the time back home, and my mom would bake the pumpkin seeds.  Since I've been feeling so nostalgic lately, I think I'll carry on the tradition.  Plus, it's really fun to play around with all the mushy stuff inside the pumpkins.  Yes, this is what I look forward to all year...

Happy October!   May you all pay your rent on time and carve a pumpkin!

-Jillian
 


No comments:

Post a Comment